Helen Rives Pruitt
Direct Dial: 503.517.8111
Direct Fax: 503.273.9135
Areas of Practice:
Trust and Estate Administration
Business Succession Planning
Guardianships and Conservatorships
J.D., University of Oregon, 1980
A.B., Wellesley College
Admitted to Practice:
A member of Wyse Kadish since 1995, Helen’s practice focuses on estate planning, family business planning, probate and trust administration, and guardianships and conservatorships.
Helen chose to be an estate planner because she enjoys helping clients create solutions to preserve their wealth for the benefit of their families by minimizing the tax and administrative costs of transitioning their assets during lifetime and at death. Practicing in an area that will affect us all at some point, she sees her role as that of lawyer, counselor and support person. She works with clients to understand their goals and analyze their current circumstances to assist them in making informed choices benefitting themselves and their families’ welfare. She works closely with each client to develop a plan specifically tailored to client’s lifetime needs and goals, including planning for the possibility of incapacity, making lifetime gifts to family and charity, and transitioning the client’s estate at death with an eye on optimal tax planning and efficient administration.
Helen is a 2010 and 2011 Oregon Super Lawyer, is included in the 2011 Best Lawyers in America list, and was recognized as a 2012 Five Star Professional.
To learn more about Helen, click here.
Helen’s legal articles and publications include:
- Co-Author of Claims Against the Estate, Chapter 9 of Administering Oregon Estates, June 2004.
- Contributing Author, Oregon Legislative Highlights, 2007.
Helen’s recent speaking engagements and presentations include:
- Estate Planning for Protected Persons and People with Disabilities, CLE sponsored by Oregon Law Institute of Lewis and Clark Law School (December 2006 and October 2008) – presentation on Tax Issues for Fiduciaries.
- Planning the Taxable Estate, CLE sponsored by the Oregon State Bar Estate Planning and Administration Section (November 2008) – presentation on Postmortem Planning.
- Drafting LLPs and LLCs, CLE sponsored by the Oregon State Bar Business Law Section (April 2001) – Ethical Issues in Client Representation Roundtable.
- Drafting LLPs and LLCs, CLE sponsored by the Oregon State Bar Business Law Section (April 2001) – Presentation on Drafting to Minimize Estate, Gift, and Self-Employment Taxes.
Oregon State Bar
Past Chair of the Estate Planning and Administration Section, 1993-1994
Multnomah Bar Association
Portland Community College Foundation: Chair, Planned Giving Committee
Terwilliger Plaza Foundation Board
Willamette View Foundation – President (2002-2007)