Meagan E. Robbins
Area of Practice:
J.D., Lewis & Clark, 2011
B.S., Portland State University, 2008
Admitted to Practice:
Meagan began her family law training as an extern at the St. Andrew Legal Clinic assisting moderate-means clients. Her passion for and dedication to helping people navigate emotionally challenging life changes is reflected in her professional and volunteer work. Meagan’s family law practice focuses on a variety of matters, primarily complex divorces, prenuptial agreements, and collaborative divorce. She also has extensive experience representing clients in divorce litigation, legal separations, dissolution of domestic partnerships, paternity actions, post-divorce modifications and other litigation including enforcement actions. Meagan’s cases regularly involve the valuation and division of business interests and real estate, along with other unique assets and traditional family wealth.
Meagan’s goal is to provide all of her clients with a high level of service and guidance while preserving assets and minimizing unnecessary conflict. She is uniquely situated as a counselor to guide her clients in making decisions that have a long-term impact on them and their children, and she takes that privilege very seriously. Her strategic and measured approach to each case is designed to meet the client’s individual circumstances and needs. No two cases are the same and each client deserves an individualized approach.
In her spare time, Meagan enjoys running, yoga, travel, and spending time with her two children and crazy German Shepherd.
• Oregon State Bar
• Multnomah Bar Association
• Oregon Women Lawyers
• Clear Transitions PDX — Founding member and regular contributor to this group that hosts informational workshops for women going through divorce, 2012 – present
• Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section, Pro Bono Committee — Member, 2016 – present
• Oregon State Bar Pro Bono Committee — Past Chair, 2015-2016
• Domestic Violence Project through the Legal Aid Society of Oregon — Regular volunteer attorney representing clients at contested restraining order hearings and assisting them in filling out family law pleadings at the local courthouse